I have a tremendous amount of respect for pastors. Serving in pastoral ministry has provided me both great joy, and heartache. It is a difficult job in many ways, and often very isolating. My hope is that I may be able to minister to churches and leaders helping them become more aware and better equipped to address the problem of domestic abuse.
With That Said:
Recently, while participating in a live stream event with my friend Leslie Vernick I took some time to record this short video to pastors and church leaders.
Speaking of resources, here are a few to get you started.
1. The resource page on my website contains articles, webinars and live stream events I’ve participated in – http://peaceworks1.webs.com/resources
2. A Cry For Justice has an exhaustive resource list here – http://cryingoutforjustice.com/resources/
3. Leslie Vernick is a friend and tremendous resource for the church. You can learn more about her here – http://www.leslievernick.com
4. Focus Ministries has been a blessing to me over the years. I have used many of the resources found at their website – http://www.focusministries1.org
5. There are also a few books I would like to recommend to help you get started.
-A Cry For Justice by Jeff Crippen and Anna Wood.
-Is It My Fault by Justin and Lindsey Holcomb
-Mending the Soul by Steven Tracy
-The Emotionally Destructive Marriage by Leslie Vernick
What do you think?
What did you think of my video? What additional resources would you recommend to pastors? If you’re a pastor or church leader, what resources would you like to see?